Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Believe it or not, I did watch the movie first!



I don't normally watch a movie if I haven't read the book first, and I probably do not need to tell you why - the book is always better! I will admit, some book movies are great, they just do not capture the storyline as it is in print.

I watched 'The Lightning Thief' when it came out on DVD and really enjoyed it. Then, because of that, I had to read the book. I know, it was published in 2005 and I am just now getting to it. Honestly, I wasn't all that interested in it before I watched the movie (it usually don't happen like this).

So, did the book meet my after movie expectations? Oh yes! Knowing what was going to happen put a bit of a damper on the reading, but it was still a great story. Also, the movie made some adjustments that they needed to make the movie good, so the book was like the last cookie in the bag (and you ate all the others), but with icing and sprinkles added!

Needless to say, I put the next two books in the series, Percy Jackson and The Olympians on hold and am waiting with anticipation.

Have you read any books in this series yet? If so, did you like it?

No comments:

Post a Comment